Friday, 21 March 2014

It's Amore


“Those pizzas I ate were for medicinal purposes.” 
― Amy Neftzger


Aside from a full time job, I am on a quest to find the best pizza in London.
I thought I'd share my top 5 with you and if you think there's any I've missed you better let me know!

5.  Pizza East http://www.pizzaeast.com/shoreditch
This oh so trendy pizza restaurant belongs to Shoreditch House, it's inside the Tea Building on Shoreditch High Street and has the most gorgeous bathrooms I've seen in a restaurant!
It's normally completely full of pretty young things, sipping on a cocktail while they decide which pizza to choose. I've been here for 2 celebratory dinners, it's probably somewhere I wouldn't just go on your average Wednesday although I couldn't really tell you why. 

 Great vibe, lovely big pizzas, although the toppings tend to only be in the middle of the pizza… and I love that Instead of napkins you get tea towels to wipe your fingers.

 4 Sartori http://www.sartori-restaurant.com
This unassuming restaurant in Leicester Square looks like a typical naff tourist place, but actually serves some of the best pizza I've tasted. Their USP is that they serve by the 1/4 metre, meaning you can order an entire metre of the stuff if you fancy (which I have done on several occasions).   They have a good cocktail menu - and unlike some other pizza places actually have a great Italian menu of other yummy eats.  The dough is thin and crispy, the toppings simple and super tasty -a definite must try.
It's great for big groups and even better, it's on Tastecard so 241 deals available.






3 Princi  www.princi.com/‎
This Italian deli has a casual, drop in nature - meaning no reservations.
There is a cafe counter on the right hand side selling slices, cakes, wine etc and on the left a sit down pizzeria with 40 covers.  The pizzas come out so quick you hardly have time to sip your prosecco and they are truly delicious.  There are several pizza options but apparently margarita is the most often picked, I normally choose it too!  


2 Franco Manca  www.francomanca.co.uk/‎
This small chain started life in Brixton Market, where I first tasted it.  They now have several across London including one in Westfield - less charm but still yummy.  The first time I had this sourdough beauty I thought I'd gone to heaven.  It really is a dreamy pizza and the prices are amazing - margarita is £5.90! That's a bargain.  They are mainly South of London but a new one has recently opened on Tottenham Court Road which is possibly a bit easier to get to. Either way, it's definitely worth the journey, I can no longer count the number of times I've been and I haven't stopped yet.



 1.  My current favourite is Pizza Pilgrim.  Pizza Pilgrims
It's situated on Dean Street in Soho.  There's just something about this yummy dough/tomato combination that I can't get enough of. I first tried it on a rainy week day with a couple of girlfriends and we couldn't believe how great it was.  I've since been back again and again as not only is it yummy, the service is also great.  The only downside is that it's so busy they like to turn the tables relatively quickly - don't let it put you off, it's my best pizza in London.



And a cheeky bonus;
Earlham Street Clubhouse - this new bar/restaurant has a cool retro vibe, with cocktails and pizzas named after your favourite 90s characters and huge tasty thin crust pizzas to stave off your hunger.

I'm now salivating over these pictures - must book a pizza date soon.
So, tell me, where have I missed? I promise I'll go check it out!

x

4 comments:

  1. So many restaurants to add to my 'must-visit' list. I've been to Pizza East and I really like. xx

    Banke
    www.astylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - get busy, they're all delish!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to remember this when I go there! Great list,you can't beat a Pizza.

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)