Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Run Forrest Run

“Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate.”
― Charles M. Schulz


 Today I read a blog by Kay over at kaysbestintentions.blogspot.co.uk which has inspired me to write this post.

I think most people probably start the year full of good intentions about getting fitter but it's hard to actually keep them up when work, fun and life take over. For the first 6 weeks of the year I was in the gym most nights and every weekend in readiness for my upcoming trip to Vegas, then I had 2 super busy work weeks and all of a sudden I hadnt been in 16 days.




I've always been a gym member, with varying degrees of success - I even worked at one for 2 years where the physical process of actually being at work made me much more likely to do a workout, however I now work in an office with a constant supply of biscuits so the motivation escapes me, especially if a colleague mentions pizza in my earshot.

So last week I managed to fit in one short but useful session and today I attempt to get my scehdule back on track.  I attend a swanky gym in central London that I love - I figured it was a good idea to love my gym as I was more likely to actually go (a good idea in theory although not always true).  I even have to walk past it to get to my train station, but I also have to walk past Pizza Hut and Macdonalds so again a good idea on paper but I'm just as likely to end up with a cheeseburger as a workout.

So, as my holiday approaches it's time to knuckle down and get serious about that six pack, or at least attempt to lessen my love handles.  I love the crosstrainer as I feel like I'm getting more burnt calories for my minute, I also love Body Combat but consequently find it a struggle to use my legs after -not so useful when I'm trying to walk home from the train station.
Sidebar; I think it unlikely I'll ever have a six pack.

So any inspirational stories, workout tips and obviously those magic lose pounds while watching Coronation Street diets are all welcome here - comment below!

Link back to Kay on her blog if you want to share.

x


6 comments:

  1. When are you going to Vegas?! I'm going in July! I wish I had magic tips and tricks to share, but honestly the best tip I can give you is that fitness and weight loss, etc.. it's all mental. It's a mind game and once you get past that hurdle, everything will seem so much easier. It won't be, of course, but it'll seem that way! Hah, thanks for linking up with us! Much, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i go in 2 weeks - where are you staying? have you been before? i love it there :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! For me the best way to stay in shape and motivated is to do something I enjoy and not feel like its a pain in the butt.. I go to dance classes instead, which aside from the workout are really good stress relievers!
    xo
    The Beauty Break // http://beautytimebreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment, we can do it!!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)