Monday, 17 March 2014

Fun in the Sun

“There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.” 
― Andrew Jackson



After waking up to glorious sunshine, I decided not to sit in and waste this rare sunglasses opportunity. After a lazy morning on the balcony, I headed off to Greenwich for a mooch and a wander.
I thought these vintage record players were lush.

Interestingly this blog is not, as possibly expected, encouraging me to stay at home blogging, but to get out there and experience things.  This is a great first side effect of owning my blog!
First up was the market, where you can buy all manner of things. I fell in love with a vintage shipping trunk; I've been looking for one for ages and this might be 'the one'.



I'd be very tempted to buy one of these for my flat - perhaps above a door frame, either way I thought they were very cool.

I bought some second hand crime fiction novels from a friendly old man for a bargain price.

There was so much to look at and I found some lovely quirky things that I haven't seen before.  There were some lovely greeting cards that were a great price and I had my eye on some lovely mounted photographs of London which I might treat myself to next time.
This old fashioned radio caught my eye


Very tempting eats!

Then I took a wander round the Cutty Sark, which looked gorgeous in the sunshine, and headed up towards the Royal Observatory.
There's a picture somewhere of me and my sister when I was at college, posing in front of the Cutty Sark.. If I can find it I will add it to this post.
Greenwich is a University town so there's lots going on and it is of course most famous for being the home of the Meridian Line.

It was very busy this weekend as the sun was out, but as the park areas are so big it didn't feel too crowded, except for around the paella stall in the market which was heaving.  There's loads of food options - I'd eaten before going (foolish error!) but was tempted towards the churros in the market.


The view up to the royal observatory

Greenwich is a pretty town and although it's very close to Central London, feels like the country.  I am ashamed to admit I lived within walking distance for a year and never really explored more than the high street, but I've now remedied that and will definitely return soon.

Have you been?

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)