Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Book Club

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” 
― Oscar Wilde


One of my all time favourite writers is Jonathan Kellerman (http://jonathankellerman.com).  He is an American novelist with a background in psychology.  This means that most of his novels revolve around a psychologist named Alex Delaware, who teams up with Detective Milo Sturgis to solve crimes, mainly murders, around the LA area.

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'm a crime fiction junkie and Kellerman is one of my definite top authors.  His characters are clearly defined and as the series of Delaware novels is large it means that he can develop through lines and back stories to flesh out the repeating characters.

The first one was 'When the Bough Breaks' which was published in 1985 and 'Killer' his new book came out in hardback in Feb 2014.  I tend to stick to paperbacks as I carry them around in my handbag, but I can't quite bring myself to get a Kindle as I love the physical books on my shelf, and it makes lending them easier too!

I think the first one I ever read was 'The Clinic' about a psychology professor who gets murdered, but i now have a collection of more than 15 of the Delaware series which I read over and over despite knowing the outcome!  Bizarrely I've ended up reading them out of sequence, but it hasn't detracted from my enjoyment.


Do you read crime fiction? Who's your favourite?

x

4 comments:

  1. i used to love crime fiction but i havent read any in ages, i havent really had time for any reading at all recently but i may give some of these a try! i'd love it if youd check out my blog and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/vintage-bomber-ootd.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment - I really recommend the Rebus novels by Ian Rankin set in Edinburgh, or the Michael Connelly novels about Harry Bosch set in LA, will chekc out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. I've never been into Crime Fiction but these sound interesting.
    I love to read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to try they're great

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)