Monday, 3 March 2014

Oscar, Oscar, I'm Back

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” 
― Jason Mraz


So last night (2nd March) was the big night for the Hollywood glitterati (a SATC-ism if ever I heard one) as the 86th Oscar's took place, hosted for the second time by Ellen.

I think most girls like to pour over pictures of the outfits and swoon over the designer dresses.  I think one of my favourites was Lupita, who won the gong for Best Actress in a Supporting Role who wore a gorgeous sky blue Prada dress.  I love the simplicity and the overall effect is really striking.  I often think I'd wear this color and style dress if I were to get married, so I'll bear Prada in mind!




































Another fave was Cate Blanchett who won Best Actress (perhaps style goes with success??)  She went for an Armani gown in nude and looked classy and gorgeous.  Loved her hair design too - simple but super glamorous.

It must be such an exciting event - I only wish my industry had a similar event I could wangle myself into!  I love dressing up although my gowns tend to be from ASOS not Prada.
 

The efforts to get red carpet ready seems to take lots of time and several beauty professionals!  I'm sure lots of last minute juice diets, work outs, hair cuts, colours, body wraps etc take place in LA the days before the event.  Kelly Osbourne posted the below left pic of her glam squad getting her ready.
















What was your favourite gown?

Please follow me on BlogLovin x

4 comments:

  1. Great post and you have a wonderful blog, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment - i have indeed followed you - look forward to reading your blogs x

      Delete
  2. I loved Lupita's dress, it's so gorgeous and beautiful :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment - twas a gorgeous dress.. now lets see if a copy hits the high street!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)