Sunday, 30 March 2014

Welcome to the house of fun

There's no place like home
Dorothy Gale

I recently moved into my own place, after many years of wishing for it.  I don't think I quite realised how much stuff you need to run a flat.  I moved in with a bookcase, hundreds of books and a few DVDS. I neglected to bring a bed, a sofa, a table and chairs, a kettle, a saucepan, a dressing table…. you name it, I've had to buy it.

So along with my dwindling savings, I've amassed a lovely collection of cute and quirky household items that I thought I'd share with you.  For my front room I've gone for a slightly retro sofa and chair with modern touches in the accessories, mainly sticking to black, white and purple.
Once the sofa arrived, I knew it was time to start painting, so I bought some fushia/purple paint called Jazzberry and got happy!



Check out my DIY (first time for everything!)



My bedroom is French shabby chic, in grey, white and silver.

 
Other favourite things are; this picture in my hallway - a birthday gift from my Mum.

My door stop was a gift from my Sister - the little pug to the right is his friend!  They like to hang out sometimes.
Sadly she's not mine, she belongs to my friends, but she comes to visit often.
















Gift from a friend for my kitchen


 Lastly, my two record type items - a cake stand from Etsy and some record book ends, which were the first thing I ordered once the flat was a definite. (I know my priorities clearly)

I definitely have a few more things to buy to make it feel completely homely but I'm finally getting there. Finally getting a pair of curtains for my front room last week was a real relief!

 What's your favourite household item that you've bought? Let me know

x

6 comments:

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)