Friday, 7 March 2014

Tattoo Lovin'

“Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past.” 
― Jack London


Since I was 17 I have been slowly 'collecting' tattoos.  I now have 3 and have a 4th planned for the near future.
My first foray into permanent art was as a teenager in Wales, with my best friend.  I remember being terrified but thrilled with the result.  My accompanying friend also got her first tattoo at the same time and tried to keep it hidden from her Mother for the next few years with varying levels of success!



My second tattoo was in 2009, in Las Vegas (http://clubtattoo.com/locations/) I already had the design in mind (above right) and liked the look of the tattoo shop, so decided to be brave and go for it. I had a female tattoo artist who sorted me out in minimum time and pain!  This time my company booked in for a neck to elbow sleeve design which took 5 hours. I was very glad I'd kept it small and simple as the gritted teeth and pained expression on his face did not look like fun…

Two years later, back in Vegas but with a different artist I decided to go for my personal motto (above middle) to remind me to trust my gut instinct.  I was finding that whenever I didn't I was ending up in trouble so this was a permanent (and painful) reminder to stick with my first thoughts.
Unfortunately on this occasion adrenaline took over and I had a bit of a stressful panic just as my very sweet (and hot) tattooist finished his work… I ended up flat on my back, sucking a glucose tablet and trying hard not to throw up.  Please bear in mind that tattoos on areas with little/no fat HURT!

I already have a plan for my next tattoo but am going to try and resist temptation for a while yet! I will keep you posted on whether I succeed.

What tattoos have you got, and what do they mean to you?
x



8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about tattoo but im a little bit sceard.
    Tattoo on feet looks amazing!

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you really love the design - then just go for it - i haven't regretted mine for an instant
      thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. omg love your tattoos! I have one on my foot, in the same place as yours but mine says mum and has a rose underneath :D cant wait to get more but I'm always changing my mind what I want xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! you deffo need to be sure before you commit, there's no going back!! :)

      Delete
  3. i love tattoos- i've got 4 (soon to be 5!) as well and have been toying with the idea of doing a post about it...love reading other people's tattoo stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment - i love tattoos too! do a post and send me the link :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for directing me to this via Twitter - your tattoos are cute!
    I know how you felt on the foot. As someone with a full sleeve, another half sleeve, calf tattoo, foot tattoo and back piece, I have to stay, foot hurt the most, but was 100% worth it.

    illustrated-teacup.blogspot.co.uk

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the foot pain!!! next one's gonna be on my wrist, so not quite as bad! i toy with the idea of a sleeve but not brave enough yet !

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)