Saturday, 19 April 2014

A Travel Wish List

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” 
― Lao Tzu


As you may have realised by now, I love holidays.  
We definitely travelled on the usual family packages when I was younger, although as a young adult I was more intent on enjoying the summers of London than a week in Lanzarote.
Since I began my 'proper' job five years ago I've relished every chance to get away.  Having a slightly more stressful day job than previously I now really enjoy the change in pace that a break can bring.
I do love to be beside the sea side
I think my favourite kind of holiday is still a beach break - even though I have to hide from the sun wearing my Factor 50 - as it gives me the chance to completely unwind and read as many books as I can cram in. (Don't you love it when hotels operate a mini library so you can borrow as much as you want?)  If there's a pool and a sun umbrella I'm there.
in Mallorca 2013

City breaks are a different kind of holiday as you spend most of your time rushing around sight seeing and normally come back completely knackered!  I love experiencing different cities and countries, the cultures and iconic landmarks are so interesting and make for some great memories.  I've been to Vienna, Seville, Madrid, Barcelona and have a trip booked for Dusseldorf/Bochum in May.  I have a friend I often travel with who is trying to tick off every country in Europe - there's not many left so we have to pick our destinations very carefully!

I have a wish list as long as a very tall person's arm of places I'd like to go next.  Top of the list are Venice, Miami, India (i'm desperate to see the Taj Mahal), Canada, Dublin and San Diego.  It changes every day - but I'm pretty sure this is the list today.  As I love Italian food so much I'd love to visit more of Italy - Sorrento, Sicily and even Sardinia.  I live in hope that I'll win the jackpot on Daybreak and be able to whisk myself off on a tour of the world.
In Malta 2013

A friend of mine set off this week on a six month sailing trip around Greece and Turkey, it's going to be an amazing adventure - they've promised to blog so I can live vicariously through them.  I very much hope that I'll get to visit them once during their trip, on the Greek leg.  I've never been a ship's mate before, but looking forward to getting my sea legs.
Sharm, Egypt


I'd absolutely love to visit Mexico and Cuba and the Dominican Republic and Barbados.. the list is literally endless…My sister is currently in The Bahamas with my Mum having a lovely old time.  The thought of those white sands and clear seas is making me salivate as I sit at my desk in London!

Where's your dream destination?

x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Photos! I would love to tour Europe one day, but it is very expenisve to get there when you live on the opposite side of the world.

    http://afabulouslife0.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh i bet - i want to tour usa!!

      Delete
  2. Agreed; love the mini library system in hotels abroad!

    Sophie x

    yourgirlislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traveling too
    I'd love to travel around America
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)