Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Afternoon Tea at Charing Cross Hotel

“My hour for tea is half-past five, and my buttered toast waits for nobody.” 
― Wilkie CollinsThe Woman in White


If a four day weekend wasn't enough, after a hearty and well overdue workout Monday morning, I met one of my best friends for an afternoon tea at The Charing Cross Hotel.  We used a cheeky little voucher from Emerald St which meant we got 241 and suddenly afternoon tea was a bargain.

We spent a leisurely two hours gossiping away (it's a while since we saw each other, not that that tends to make any difference, once we spoke for 11hours non stop on a holiday!!) and eating as many cakes and scones as we could.  There was a huge choice of tea, but I opted for (boring old) breakfast tea as I don't have a very adventurous palette. Foodwise we had salmon and cream cheese, cheese and pickle, ham and mini quiches, fruit scones and then three mini cakes -coffee, strawberry and a sponge (I would have liked a chocolate brownie or something too, but that's my sweet tooth!).

The service was great and the venue was really light and airy with a lovely view (even the toilets were gorgeous).  The china was pink and red and was so cute - I want some like it for at home -but I"m trying not to buy anything at the moment.   We could definitely have stayed even longer, but we were the last ones there and I think the staff were ready for us to leave!  

Have you had afternoon tea in London recently?  Where's your favourite venue?

x

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I nominated you for a Liebster Award, see my post for more toria-creativemine.blogspot.co.uk. Toria x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)