Sunday, 20 April 2014

Treat of the week

There are two types of people in this world: one who opens a packet of biscuits, has one and puts the rest back in the cupboard, and one who eats the whole packet in one go.
Jo Brand

This weekend, as I had a very lazy day, I decided to try homemade cookies.
I've never made them before and they are one of my favourite foods - have you tried Ben's Cookies? They are truly amazing and I have to constantly try not to buy them on my way to work as they're so bad for you.
So, I found a lovely looking recipe online (cookie recipe) and got to work (after I'd been to the supermarket not once, but twice because I'm an idiot and forgot the butter).
After a quick taste of the mixture, into the oven they went and 15 quick minutes later….. 
Ta Dah


They came out ginormous so next time I'll use less mixture per biscuit.  I've frozen the rest of the mixture for next time I have a craving.They are full of choc chips which you can't really see here and just in case you can't guess - they were absolutely delicious!!
Just call me Mary Berry

x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love homemade cookies! I make them a lot :) So good!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezing the rest of the mixture is such a good idea! I always make loads at once, which of course then means I have to eat them all ;) xx
    www.lalaloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)