Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Borough Market and the Southbank

“I don't know what London's coming to — the higher the buildings the lower the morals.” 
  Noël Coward, Collected Sketches and Lyrics

With a three day weekend ahead of me, I was delighted to see sunshine and blue skies when I woke up on Saturday. It normally only seems to be sunny on weekdays when I'm stuck in the office so this was a nice surprise.

I had plans to meet a friend for a wander round Borough market and the Southbank, which was having a Spanish food festival along the river.

In no time at all we bought fresh juice, sea salt fudge and the most yummy looking brownies I've seen in forever from http://batchbakery.co.uk!  We also made the most of the free samples of cheese, nuts, gnocchi, fudge, more cheese.. you get the picture.


delicious fudge

Caramel brownie 

We had a leisurely stroll and gossip from London Bridge up to the Southbank which is where most of the population of London seemed to be!  Despite burning all those walking calories I managed to resist the halloumi wraps, hot churros, bruschetta and giant cookies as we had dinner plans.. but it was very tempting!  The festival was in full swing and the sun was out - a lovely London day in the sunshine.

On Sunday I met a friend in town for a lovely Italian meal at one of my favourite chain restaurants  Vapianos.  They cook all the food in front of you, exactly to your desired recipe - and it tastes amazing.  We used to work together once upon a time but now do really different jobs so we like to meet up and catch up on all the news over some carbs.
Canteen style italian - just to your style

In the evening I took my friend's dog for a walk in the park; a bit of exercise and a lot of chatting.  We live really near to each other so it's nice to have a wander while we catch up.
I tried to get pictures of the dog running about and this was my disastrous attempt -it's difficult to get a puppy to stay still in the park! At least he looks happy bouncing around….  I really wish I could have a dog but alas I'm never at home so I wouldn't be able to look after one properly - this is the next best thing.

What did you get up to? Hope you had a good one.

x

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love Vapianos! Those Batch Bakery goods look incredible, will need to look out for them next time I'm at Southbank x

    The Girl Called Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks amazing! I need to explore London...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the Spanish food thing, I was going to get over there but didn't quite make it. I love Borough Market too, our office is moving near there soon and I fully expect some amazing lunches. It sounds like you had a great Bank Holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was good, Borough is ace, you're gonna love it!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)