Friday, 23 May 2014

Park Life

“It is the garden designer's job to hide the vulgar and the common as far as the eye can see and include only the excellent and splendid.”
― Andrew Crofts, Secrets of the Italian Gardener

 A gloriously sunny Sunday meant a trip to Notting Hill for me and off I trotted to Portobello Market.  The weather was fabulous, a positively scorching 23 so I wore my new midi skirt and some old sunnies I found in a drawer.  I love Portobello Road and previously have visited on Saturday's when it's busier than a Central Line tube at rush hour. However on a  Sunday, without some of the market stalls it was perfect, busy enough to people watch but easy to get a table in the cafe
After a coffee and a mooch in the shops, we wandered down to Holland Park, which I'd never visited before and it's beautiful. There's tennis courts, ponds and even a mini maze, perfect for an afternoon out.


Holland Park
Then we took a stroll through the gorgeous residential streets, the houses are amazing  - each and every one absolutely stunning - towards Kensington Palace Gardens, which houses this unusual monument - it looked gorgeous in the sunshine.

We had a little picnic in the sun (well to be honest I sat in the shade as it was boiling) and filled our boots with sausage rolls and crisps!  What a lovely day out.

What did you get up to?

x


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)