Thursday, 5 June 2014

A Marathon

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.”
― Steven Wright


A friend of mine lost her Mum earlier this year to cancer.  
She's decided to walk the Shine marathon in London in September and has been, for a while, trying to convince me to do it too.  I toyed with the idea for a while, did I really want to slog around London in the middle of the night? What if it rains? How will I get home? 
Then today, sitting at my desk, I suddenly thought 'Do you know what, I'm going to do it' and signed up before I could change my mind.

So now I am officially going to walk a marathon.  People are already talking to me about walking boots and blister plasters, while I'm just thinking about how much Steps I can put on a 7 hour playlist.  However, training will need to commence fairly soon as currently my walking extends to 'round the shops' or 'to the station' and I'm abit worried I'll look like this; (watch from 35 secs if you have no patience)

 

So my JustGiving page is live  here and if you feel like spreading the joy then I'd love for you to donate whatever you can.  Cancer Research UK's work is vital in the fight against cancer and as much as I hope I'll enjoy the event, there is a serious reason we're all going to expend so much energy!  Find out more here if you want to.

Keep your eyes peeled for more updates, training news, donation excitment and general walking fear in the weeks to come


And if you're doing it too then please let me know!

x

2 comments:

  1. I took part in the Shine Marathon in cardiff a few years back. I was just as apprehensive beforehand but am so glad I went. It was a brilliant event and I'm sad that the closest one is now London or Manchester. Good luck!! Lisa xx
    (@CthulhuWakes - astarfellonher.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you enjoyed it, should be really good and looking forward to it..lost my dad so imporatnt to me.. donate a £1 if you can! x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)