Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Brownies and parks

“London, London, London town, You can toughen up or get thrown around.” 
― Kano


On Sunday another very long standing friend came to visit me in London and seeing as it was so scorching we decided on a picnic in St James Park. I haven't really explored it before and it's gorgeous - definitely worth a visit if you ever have a craving for greenery whilst in Central London.
I got so sunburnt on Saturday that I made sure to be very careful and wore my factor 50 all day.  Sun and I are just not made to be friends!

London Eye in the background

me, on a bridge
After lazing around for a few hours we wandered over to the Southbank, with the 10,000 other people  milling around.  We were heading towards Kerb behind the Royal Festival Hall, not that we were hungry, I just wanted my friend to get a taste of the Batch Bakery salted caramel brownies.  
We eventually found them (right by the entrance, how did we miss it on the way in!?) and tucked in immediately.  It was worth the trek they were, of course, delicious.

Batch Bakery goodness
I love the atmosphere down at these food fayre things, more food musings here,  everyone is so cheery and luckily today the weather was immense so it was even better.

What did you get up to?

x


3 comments:

  1. wonderful impressions!!

    x Maria
    new outfit post up on my blog
    featuring my new light pink summer dress
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Love your palm print dress too!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you - it's my current fave x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)