Sunday, 1 June 2014

Thoughts of the week

“How did it get so late so soon?” 
― Dr. Seuss

Despite it being a 4 day week I feel like I've crammed 5 days of drama in.  Work has been incredibly stressful and I've left the office each day feeling frustrated and needing a cocktail.
You know when something can go wrong.. so it does? There's been mistakes, attitude, forgotten promises, let downs, I even smashed my moisturiser in my sink and dropped my dinner on the floor - excellent...
Stylist magazine did a pop up cafe this week in Covent Garden and I bobbed over in my lunch break to eat a free brownie (or 2) and soak up the atmosphere.  They had Stylist magazine covers hanging on the wall and this one felt very appropriate!


However, the silver lining here is that I've booked a little break to Spain at the end of June so I have something to look forward to and I'm already making sure I've got all the hotspots on my must see list.   I saw this picture on Instagram and I agree with it wholeheartedly (although ideally more than once would be better!).  I'm more and more thinking I'd like to travel and see some more of the world soon - holidays just don't give you enough time.

Although, really I shouldn't complain as I had a cocktail with an American friend last week and she only gets 5 days holiday a year - I couldn't believe it! She's early 20s and hasn't left the US before as there is not enough time off work. So a week in London (and a brief trip to Dublin for a One Direction concert but that's a whole other story) means her whole holiday allocation gone!

My mum and sister have both moved house in the last few weeks so I'm making plans to go and visit them both to explore the new places. With the housing price rises as they are I think they did it at just the right time!


I've also got a weekend with a friend in Bournemouth and a work trip to Liverpool so June's looking like a busy old month

What have you got planned?

x

4 comments:

  1. The pop up cafe and all your trips you have planned sound fantastic! I hope you have a great time because by the sounds of it you definitely need it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) busy busy busy

      Delete
  2. Ooh, where are you off to in Spain? I'm off to Cordoba and Madrid next week and so looking forward to getting away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh sounds good have fun, i'm going near alicante x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)