Friday, 13 June 2014

What I learnt from Carrie Bradshaw

Men are like cabs. When they’re available their light goes on. They wake up one day, they decide they are ready to settle down, have babies, whatever, and they turn their light on. The next woman they pick up, boom, that’s the one they’ll marry. It’s not fate. It’s dumb luck. - Miranda

Carrie Bradshaw has a lot to answer for.  Not only has she set a trend for quirky clothes and sky scraper heels, she also led a hedonistic lifestyle that many try to emulate.  From watching her mistakes and triumphs us mere mortals can learn what to wear and also hopefully what not to do!
My life lessons (as provided by SATC) are;


  • DRESS UP - I'm naturally not really one for being glam 24/7 but SATC made me think that perhaps it was time I made a bit more effort with my style. I'm now addicted to Louboutins and give (mainly unwanted) fashion advice out in the office! Love this green dress, the purple & white skirt and those amazing pink shoes.
  • DONT CHEAT - Carrie made a right pig's ear of her relationship with Aiden by cheating with Big in series 3.  Normally you see boys cheating, but here it was the female half of the relationship.  A lot of people fear partners straying, but if all girls said no to other people's partners then there would be no cheating and everyone could relax. (it's a nice idea isn't it....)
  • FRIENDSHIP IS EVERYTHING - Carrie said Friendships don’t last for years,you have to invest in them.”  These girls are there for each other at every turn. Of course you're going to disagree on things throughout a long relationship, but true friendship will always overcome the issues.  I'm lucky to have some fabulous friends I can count on and that always keeps me going through harder times.

  • LOVE YOU MORE - As Samantha says to Smith 'I love you, but I love me more'.  It's so important to keep true to yourself during a relationship and not end up just being someone's other half. It can be quite difficult - especially when you're young and you think your partner is amazing, but keeping your own friendships, personality and interests is paramount.
Doing my research for this article led me to this which made me laugh... http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2013/06/15-things-sex-and-the-city-tau.html


What did you learn from Carrie and her friends?

x



6 comments:

  1. I loved Sex and the City as well!! An essential to watch and definitely teaches people that you can do things in a non traditional way! :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the biggest SATC fan. I think above all - love yourself and if you can find someone that loves the you, you love - well that's just fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys come and go but your friends there are there for you at the end of the day. They will tell the true even if it hurts you. They will be honest and raw. Like crazy clothes and accessories? Go ahead! Show your own fashion. Don't be afraid.

    I think those are the things I learned the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for posting, glad you love it as much as me :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)