Thursday, 17 July 2014

A Year at Home

“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”
Maya Angelou

Buying a flat is stressful. No doubt about it.  After 4 months of stress I finally had the keys and moved in to an empty flat.
I have now lived in my lovely little home for a year.  It's gone really quickly and I love having my own place.  I'm amassing a collection of gorgeous, quirky, beautiful and wonderful items for my first little home and thought I'd share some more of them with you.  My first post 'at home' is here if you fancy a nosey.
My new lounge clock 
My fave new photo -found on a market stall

Chocolate themed coasters
My self assembled Ikea bookcase with decorative items

Birdcage from Kare in Vienna - a gem of a find
Bedroom wall stencil - one of my first buys
I'm still going as I've lots still to do.  I don't have a coffee or end table in the lounge or any storage in my bathroom yet and I need a full length mirror for my room.   But i'm much further than when I moved in that's for sure.  Here is my 'Moving in' video from 2013.. what an empty flat it was.

video

What's your favourite home buy?

x

2 comments:

  1. Hey, i'm just come over from twitter, I really love those chocolate coasters, where did you find them?
    Amy
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Cadburys-Chocolate-Bar-Coasters/dp/B00CPWU4JS

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)