Monday, 14 July 2014

I can't believe Cheryl Cole got married

 “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

 
I am almost in a state of shock today as Lorraine told me this morning (obviously via the TV) that Cheryl had tied the knot after only 3 or 4 months of dating her playboy French beau.
I think of Cheryl as being a savvy, independent woman, after the horrific time she had with Ashley Cole you'd think perhaps she would have exercised more caution jumping in a second time.

People tell me 'when you know, you know' so perhaps she just felt that it was the perfect thing to do (and I really hope it is) but I can't help wondering whether you really can possibly know someone well enough to marry them after such a short time of getting to know each other.

I often think that perhaps celebrities jump into relationships quicker than us normal folk because they are craving a stability that is perhaps harder to find when your career can be so up and down. There are hundreds of young pop stars and film stars who get married very young and I'm often shocked by the speed of their courtship.

Avril Lavigne married (and divorced) early
Rochelle and Marvin seem to be very happy together

Peaches married very young
Look at the size of that rock
Cheryl's first wedding ended in disaster
 I wish her lots of luck (and to think she released a single with GA entitled 'I can't speak French')

What do you think?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)