Tuesday, 29 July 2014

The Artist Residence - Brighton

 “A hotel room all to myself is my idea of a good time.”
― Chelsea Handler, My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands


Returning from a great weekend away can be quite depressing.  Especially when you've stayed in a hotel as beautiful as this one.
We headed to Brighton as a trio on Saturday and turned up at the bright pink door excited to see what was inside.  The hotel has 23 individually designed rooms that all look gorgeous and quirky.  We had booked a room called 'The Suite' which can sleep up to 6, it was absolutely huge and gorgeously decorated. 

The reception girls were so helpful, telling us about the wifi, breakfast options (included if you book direct through their site) and recommending restaurants to visit that evening.
Our room was in the basement, with big sash windows.  The attention to detail was fantastic and every corner had some quirky art or feature that kept me gasping out loud!  The hotel is located in Regency Square, with a sea view and only 5 mins from the centre of Brighton, so perfectly located for a trip to the beach or a wander round the laines.
There's even a ping pong room open in the basement for fun times, although I didn't have time to beat my friends at a game (competitve me?!)
Breakfast was served in the reception area on long canteen tables.  The food was delicious and came in really decent sized portions, although having sat down at 9.30am sadly our hot food wasnt delivered for 50 mins.. a bit longer than I'd have liked to have waited, but the waitresses supplied plenty of coffee and toast to keep us going.  I went for scrambled eggs on muffin, and other choices included pancakes, mini full english, mushroom and halloumi on toast and the usual cereals etc.






There was also a connected cocktail bar called The Cocktail Shack where we had some lovely rum based cocktails. I asked the bartender to make me a cosmo-esque drink with rum and I was presented with a yummy drink in no time at all so I was very impressed.

We paid £140 for the room, including breakfast and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for something a bit unusual for a weekend getaway.
For more info you can check out their website http://www.arthotelbrighton.co.uk/ and let me know if you book!

x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like my sort of place, hate the big hotel chains

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where to stay in Brighton when I go down there in August, and this place looks fab! Will definitely check it out :)

    http://wideseanoanchor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. do - it really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booked last week to stay there for a weekend in August, so it's fabulous to read such a great write-up. Really excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out the details over on my blog xo

    http://astateofgracce.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)