― Noël Coward
1) It hurts - more than you'd think. I've never been so aware of my hip flexors - STRETCH
2) You can buy running socks that stop you getting blisters and cushion your feet, get them, they help!
3) There is never enough water in your bottle, take double.
4) Jelly babies can keep you going for an extra mile at least
5) A good playlist does wonders for energy levels
6) Little and often is the key - build it up slowly and use an app to track your progress and encourage you.
7) Good shoes are so important. Do not use your nearest flip flops.
So there you have it, my thoughts on walking long distances, grab a friend and get out there.