Thursday, 7 August 2014

7 things I didn't know about walking

  “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.”
― Noël Coward

1) It hurts - more than you'd think. I've never been so aware of my hip flexors - STRETCH
2) You can buy running socks that stop you getting blisters and cushion your feet, get them, they help!
3) There is never enough water in your bottle, take double.
4) Jelly babies can keep you going for an extra mile at least

5) A good playlist does wonders for energy levels
6) Little and often is the key - build it up slowly and use an app to track your progress and encourage you.
7) Good shoes are so important. Do not use your nearest flip flops. 


So there you have it, my thoughts on walking long distances, grab a friend and get out there.

x

6 comments:

  1. Podcasts and audio books also do wonders when walking, they keep me focused on what I am doing because I tend to day dream a bit!

    xoxo buildingtheconfidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a good idea - might look into that

      Delete
  2. ooh great post! i did an 8+ mile hike once up a mountain in new balance trainers (yup, silly me) and i was in agony the next day, it's so tiring!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win raybans and a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)