Friday, 15 August 2014

Painting by numbers

“Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.” Charles M. Schulz 

I've decided to jazz up my very small hallway. After numerous hours perusing Pinterest, I decided on light grey and got to work.
Ready to start painting
However I did coat 1 on wall 1 and decided it's too dark (drat) so now I need to figure out a way to mix it lighter to do the rest of the room.  I'm so un-handy, I need a DIY enthusiast boyfriend immediately.
I'm definitely good at Googling furniture though and have fallen in love with a table on Etsy, which is of course in the USA and costs a fortune to ship, but I might just treat myself come pay day.
What I'm currently faced with...
Perhaps a nice mirror might lighten things up?  My inspiration was more like the below, so I'm not doing very well so far... never mind, at least I'm trying!



Have you had any decorating disasters? 
I'll update when I've fixed it!

x

2 comments:

  1. Oh noes :-( Luckily I've never had anything like this happen to me. Then again, I've never decorated like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never decorated anything, but I'm moving into a new apartment next month, and I'm sure I'll be facing a few challenges like this one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)