Sunday, 31 August 2014

Pizza Pilgrims, Kingly Court - Review

This week I had the BEST dinner at Pizza Pilgrim and I just have to share how yummy it was with you.
I've already told you just how much I love pizza and Pizza Pilgrim particularly, but now they've opened their swanky new location in Kingly Court with added menu items I was too excited to try it out and arranged a catch up date with a friend as soon as I could.
After passing Pizza Express and Zizzi on the way there, who both had a queue out the door, I was delighted to be shown immediately to a checked table clothed table at PP with a view out into the courtyard which is all lit up with fairy lights and has a lovely atmosphere.
Pizza Pilgrim, Kingly Court
I always order the margherita as I like my pizza without extra toppings, but this time instead of perhaps a casual garlic bread or salad, PP are offering mini deep fried calzone with porchetta and ricotta and fried macaroni balls on sticks as sides.  We ordered one of each and they arrived in seconds flat.
They were both, as expected, delicious.  I would go as far as to say the sides were better than my pizza (and that's saying something).  
Fried Macaroni Bites 

did I mention they were yummy?

Mini Deep Fried Calzone


Margherita pizza

After all that savoury food we decided to skip pudding, but I haven't forgotten their yummy salted ricotta and nutella pizza ring dessert and will definitely be returning soon.
All I can say is get yourself down there!  The service was friendly and quick, the toilets are clean, there's outside seating, the prices are reasonable (margherita £6.50 and sides @£5) and I promise you the food is worth the visit.
Kingly Court is fast becoming my fave place for evening food visits, so let me know if you go 

x

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)