Tuesday, 2 September 2014

7 Hand Luggage Essentials

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” 
― Lao Tzu


As I"m off on my final holiday of the year very soon I thought I'd run through a pre holiday hand luggage checklist, partly to remind myself what to take and hopefully to let you in on a few travel tips.

I like to take the biggest hand luggage I can get away with so that I can fit in all the 'essential' items I buy in DutyFree.  I usually take my Jocasi leather holdall and it always ends up stuffed full.
My hand luggage essentials are;
1) Passport and travel docs
2) Money- some GBP and some local currency
3) Emergency pants and toothbrush - in case of the dreaded lost luggage
4) A camera - I normally take 2 or 3 different cameras with me, depending on type of holiday, but I'll always put one in my hand luggage for any travelling snaps.
5) A book - at least one if not two
6) My door keys and travelcard - no one wants to arrive home and get stranded
7) Sunglasses - to cover a multitude of sins on arrival


My most frequent holiday companion likes to get to the airport at the last possible minute, I like to arrive in plenty of time so I can have a mooch round the make up department.  Once through security I tend to buy body lotion, a snack for the plane (god forbid I get hungry on board), any toiletries I've forgotten (there is ALWAYS something), perhaps some perfume or make up treats and on the way back from any European destination; chocolate covered Oreos - my absolute favourite.  Oh and most important, in an ideal world there's time for a MacDonald's breakfast too.

Then you can get on the plane, relaxed and ready for your break, be it city madness or beach side chill. I am so looking forward to a relaxing break this time round so look out for my post trip blogposts.

What are your hand luggage absolute essentials?

x

8 comments:

  1. such a great post! love it, i always forget something haha! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/gluten-free-treats-with-udis.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can't go anywhere without a book. Love this post. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i borrowed a kindle for this trip actually, and quite liked it!

      Delete
  3. I always end up over-packing my carry on bag and regretting it when waiting in long queues *sulks*
    Just started my own lifestyle and travel blog and I'm looking for blogs like my own to read, glad I found yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnk u- send me your link to check out x

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! I am going to start traveling soon and thought i would start a blog to keep track and share my experiences and your blog is exceptionally inspiring! if i was to travel to Paris and London do you think there are specific items i would have to bring?

    check it out http://24shadesofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a coat and a hat if you're coming to europe in winter! nothing specific - except perhaps some good shoes for all the walking round!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)