Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Shine Marathon is getting closer....

It always seems impossible, until it’s done. 
Nelson Mandela.

The charity marathon walk I signed up for four months ago is quickly getting closer and I'm starting to get nervous.  The Shine Walk is a huge deal for the Cancer Research UK charity and I really want to do my part, but as it gets nearer I'm starting to get the fear.
Last weekend we did almost 16 miles, from Richmond to Harrow which was an epic walk. I was pretty nervous before we started, but I have started to see a difference in my stamina (finally) and managed a half marathon before I started to hurt.
I'm using the NikeRunning app to chart my progress and it's very satisfying seeing the final results.

What I'm loving is that I'm exploring parts of London I've never seen before.  The 5 miles from Richmond through Twickenham and Osterley were so gorgeous I almost forgot what a mission we had to achieve.  I don't normally take pictures as I think they'll slow me down, but perhaps I should start taking more as the scenery is sometimes beautiful.

This weekend we're aiming for 20 miles (route tbc) and I'm terrified!  With only 2 weeks left to go we need to break the 20 mile mark in order to feel like we're almost ready for the big night. Our team is raring to go and hope that the jellybabies can push us over the brink to success!
sweaty selfie
Wish us luck!

x

4 comments:

  1. Good luck - hope you raise loads for the charity!

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do amazing!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.emilyh.co
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)