Monday, 6 October 2014

A visit to Bodo Schloss - Kensington

“I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” 
― Ron White

Last week I ventured out of my usual Soho and headed to Kensington to visit Bodo Schloss, a nightclub with a distinctly Austrian feel.
It's quite weird to walk into a club you know is popular with the glamorous Chelsea set and yet find bar maids dressed like you've walked on the set of The Sound of Music, but I was up for the experience.  There's a restaurant service until around 10.30pm then the 'disko' starts.






I was in a big group and we were lucky enough to have a private table reserved and Ciroc vodka on tap, which makes any situation more enjoyable.  When you order a bottle you get it delivered with sparklers and fanfare which is fun but made me feel a bit like a nitwit - I suppose some people enjoy the attention.  
The music was a selection of RnB so everyone got their groove on. The DJ sits in a cable car which just adds to the bizarre theme.  The party was a celebration for a group of performers so pretty soon everyone was dancing away to JT, Beyonce and the like.  I sat drinking (and chatting) as per usual!

I called it a day around 1am and headed back to my comfort zone, partying on a school night? Who do I think I am?

x

5 comments:

  1. no way! i would have thought these photos wer ein switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool place to party. Love the décor!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning pictures :)

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring MY NEW VINTAGE SCARF
    Let me know what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)