Saturday, 4 October 2014

The 2014 Inspiration Awards

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” 
― Jane Goodall

I was lucky enough to be invited to the 2014 Inspiration Awards for Women on Thursday at Cadogan Hall. It's a yearly event in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer and it was the 7th ceremony this year.  It's always nice to have a pink carpet occasion so I wore an LBD and pink accessories.  There was a champagne reception before the show, so I sank a couple of glasses of pink fizz (can you spot a theme?) before taking my seat.
The audience was a mix of nominees, families, celebrities and invited guests who cheered for all the winners collecting their awards.  You can see a full list of winners here http://www.inspirationawards.co.uk/winners/index.html.

Celebrity guests and prize givers included Ray Quinn, Heidi Range, Vanessa Feltz and Louie Spence.  There were great performances from Camilla Kerslake and Micha Paris during the awards ceremony and a solo from an incredible singer, Emma Kingston who sang Listen from Dreamgirls which brought me to tears! 
I didn't actually take any pictures during the performance as I think it's rude, although it didn't stop most of the audience!  There were lots of paps in attendance so I just pretended I was a Kardashian for the evening!
The only photo I actually took was of my shoes... (I clearly have my priorities right).




I had a great night and got home much later than I planned - I wouldn't advise trying to do a full days work on 3 hours sleep if you can help it!

Photo credit: Getty Images

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness how gorgeous is what white dress! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/little-black-dress-collection-launch.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely outfits and looks like it was a great night for a good cause. Bec x
    www.dancingthroughsunday.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was, lots of inspiring ladies doing great stuff

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)