Saturday, 22 November 2014

12 things you'll recognise if you've house shared

I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel.

If you've ever shared a flat then you'll definitely know what I mean when I describe that sinking feeling of walking down your street, seeing the lights are on inside your house and inwardly sighing because you know you're going to have to make conversation with someone when you just can't be bothered.

1) Finding your housemates girlfriend/boyfriend/casual shag in your front room/kitchen/bathroom when said housemate is not there and despising their imposition
2) Being the only person in the house to buy loo roll/clean the shower/empty the bin

3) Having to cajole money out of your housemates for the council tax and resenting ever putting the bill in your own name
4) Being woken up at all times of the night by people shouting 'shhhhh' as they arrive home from a night out
5) The lounge radiator being a permanent drying rack
6) The washing machine always being full of someone else's clothes
7) Being the only person who seems to know where the hoover lives
8) Reaching for the ketchup/milk/butter only to discover some kind soul has finished it
9) Being the last one in the bathroom in the morning to discover a sopping wet bath mat and no hot water.
10) Throwing away that mouldy cheese/satsuma/bread because your flatmate hasn't come home in 4 days and it stinks
11) Having to wash up the entire sink of washing up to get to the only cheese grater/colander/good saucepan

12) Hearing your flatmates have sex.. or possibly worse them telling you they can hear you while you're mid... business

I couldn't be more grateful that I now live alone!

What's your worst experience in a flat share - tell me below

x


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)