Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Dancing on the ceiling

“In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” 
― Gordon B. Hinckley

Despite what you might think after reading my blog for the past month, but I'm actually not a party animal.  I tend to meet friends for drinks and dinner, but normally find myself at home well in time for a cuppa before bed.  However the past 6 weeks or so have been an almost constant whirlwind of social events, which is probably why I'm writing this post from my sick bed.
This weekend was no exception and after a quiet Friday night at home I made up for it with a rather loud night out in Clapham on Saturday.  After some raucous drinking games at home we ventured out to Revolution on Clapham High Street as a group of 8 already slightly worse for wear (sorry Uber driver).

I'd actually been to the hairdressers and left with a gorgeous bouncy blow dry, but the typical English weather put paid to that before I even stepped out, so I admit my hair in these pics looks a bit sorry for its self!
After several cocktails and a little dance at Revs, we headed over to the only gay bar in Clapham to meet some other friends.  I was delighted to find they played almost non stop Britney, S Club and Steps so we had a whale of a time dancing, drinking and making merry. I felt like I was 18 again (even though on Sunday morning I felt 100 years old).

By the time they kicked us out it was 4am and we headed home full of vodka and new stories.  For my first night out in Clapham I think it was a success!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)