Thursday, 27 November 2014

The Festive Season

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” 
― George Carlin

As 'the most wonderful time of the year' is fast approaching I thought I'd get myself excited by telling you my highlights of the coming season.
For starters I'm going to the Christmas at Kew walk which I'll blog about once I've been, and my favourite of all Christmassy activities is the Somerset House outdoor rink which I go to every year with a group of friends.  It's such a lovely thing to do, so if you've never been, treat yourself and book a ticket.


My favourite Christmas song is definitely Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas' - never has there been such a tune to put me in a good mood.  My new (almost) favourite is Kelly Clarkson's offering from last year which we had on repeat; 
The Christmas markets at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park are a Londoner's only chance to have a rummage for quirky, Christmas gifts - I love Winter Wonderland at night when it's all lit up - and they serve a mean hot chocolate with Baileys, always a winner.
winter wonderland hyde park
baileys hot chocolate

Once Christmas is actually upon us I retreat to my family home for a traditional bit of family time. Our favourite game is the Game of Life which always has us cracking up and I make sure I capture most of the good times on video so that we can remember it in years to come. 
We used to have a new outfit come Christmas Day but now we just dress up so that we can take some glam pictures.  (Me - a poser? don't be daft..... )
We watch Home Alone, eat too much cheese and Boxing Day is now Christmas Jumper day and extended family descend for a bit of a buffet a la Bridget Jones' Mum!

Now I'm feeling suitably festive I just need to figure out what to do on New Year's Eve!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)