Monday, 17 November 2014

Where to travel in 2015

“You can't control the past, but you can control where you go next.” 
― Kirsten HubbardWanderlove


Now the New Year is rearing it's head, I've turned my mind to my 2015 holidays.
I've spent a large part of this year wondering whether to go travelling and my list of places I want to visit has expanded.  But for the meantime I've decided to stay put and start planning as many trips as I can.As I mentioned in a previous post I have a cruise booked around the Canary Islands in February and am hopefully going to EuroDisney with my God children in Spring.
The top place on my list is Venice, as I think you might have already gathered, so after beginning to learn Italian, my friend and I decided that as a practice mission we should definitely book a trip to Venice to use my new skills.  I'm also determined to visit Burano while there, it looks so picturesque (and if it's not instagram-able is it even worth going?!) That's a joke I promise... 


Next I hope to fulfil a long time ambition of visiting Boston and Chicago.  I've managed to convince a friend that next 'fall' would be the perfect time to do this trip and hope to possibly fit in a couple of days in NYC as well.  They're all pretty close together (in USA terms anyway) so it's probably worth trying to do it all while I'm there.  The scenery looks beautiful and I think I'd love it.

Plus of course I hope to fit in a visit to Vegas at some point.  I have been 6 times in the last 7 years; the reason for so many visits is because I have a very close friend who lives there, but I've also fallen in love with the place and always look forward to a return visit. Unfortunately it's not the sort of place that beckons you for a cheap weekend trip as it's blinking expensive and seems to be getting more and more so as the years pass (sad times indeed).
So those are my plans for next year.  The more trips the better as far as I'm concerned.

Where are you planning to go?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)