Wednesday, 31 December 2014

New Year, New You

“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” 
― Brad Paisley


Every year we all make the same old resolutions; lose weight, travel more, get a new job, drink less etc etc
My friends and I have actually taken to videoing them just to make sure we can remember what they were as they're invariably left behind by February!  What makes us think, with such enthusiasm, that because it's Jan 1st we should/can/will magically change our lives?
My New Year's resolution for 2014 was to be more spontaneous.  I love plans, I love being organised, I love knowing what's going to happen... but life doesn't work like that does it? So I've tried on several occasions to do something a bit out of the usual and I think I have actually made some progress this year.  I admit, I still don't really like change, but you have to start somewhere don't you! I've definitely had some spontaneous fun nights out and on my boat trip I definitely tried to go with the flow more than I would have in previous years.

I'm not sure what my resolution for 2015 might be, I know I'll make one, whether I fulfil it or not is another matter.  What are your thoughts on NY resolutions? Do you make them (and stick to them?)

Let me know

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)