Friday, 2 January 2015

New Years Eve; the MIC edition

“I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumours to my dogs.” 
― Andy Warhol



On New Years eve I threw on my glad rags and hopped over to Chelsea to party with the cool kids at Barts.  I've had a hankering to visit this speakeasy for a while now, but have never had a good enough reason to splash the cash.  However if NYE isn't a good enough excuse then what is?

My friend and I pre booked our tickets which meant free bar (result) and decided to aim for an 11pm arrival seeing as, on NYE only, it was open until 5am.  The entrance is inside the Chelsea Cloisters, a very swanky block of flats and the doormen directed us to the right black door.  It's a really quirky, small ish room with seating down the side opposite the bar.  There's even a dressing up box, but we didn't partake on this occasion.

It was buzzy with a good atmosphere but not so busy that it felt overcrowd   After finding ourselves a spot at the bar, we got served immediately and got cracking on the cosmos and swiftly progressed to champagne for the midnight toast.  The bar men seemed to be having fun and decided to spray the crowd with champers which resulted in a slightly frizzy hair do for the rest of the evening.

We had an impromptu photoshoot on the way out, I think it's safe to say I was rather merry by this point.  My only negative point was the music - a mix of 70s/80s nonsense when I was really hoping for some Beyonce or Usher to come blasting out... It certainly wouldn't stop me going back for another visit though!

From the pictures I was sent the morning after, it certainly looks like I had a fun night!

I hope you had a great night

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)