Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Afternoon Tea at Kettners

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 
― C.S. Lewis


On Saturday I met up with one of my oldest friends for a long overdue catch up. We decided to treat ourselves to an afternoon tea at Kettners in Soho, one of the places I like to have a glass of champers sometimes.  They have a cocktail/champagne bar on the ground floor and it's a really lovely atmosphere.
We were one of the first parties to arrive for the lunch sitting, so we had our pick of tables in the lovely, calm dining room.  We chose the corner by the window so we could gossip in private.

I went for peppermint tea and we discussed our sandwich requirements with the waiter.  The service was actually very good and attentive and our tower of goodies arrived very quickly.
We had four or five sandwiches each, two scones and a selection of tartlets and treats.  The scones were definitely my favourite, light and covered in cream and jam they were devoured rather sharpish! (Can you spot me?)




My favourite was the millionaires shortcake (with the K on) which was delicious, the passionfruit tart was also delish, but very sharp!  I probably could have eaten a few more sandwiches as I have eyes biggers than my belly, but by the end we both stuffed and decided to walk it off with a stroll through Soho.
Although... I must confess our first stop was Hotel Chocolat! 
It's not a cheap food option, but really nice for a special treat and I'd recommend the venue, it had a great atmosphere.  All in all we had a really lovely, filling afternoon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)