Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Countdown to Vegas

“The view from the window, particularly if you enjoy neon, is extraordinary.” 
― Chris BachelderBear V. Shark


So yes, you guessed right - I'm heading back to Vegas before the end of the year.  This time I'm 'dragging' three friends who've never been before and I cannot wait to show them my fave city (after London obvs).  It'll be just over 18 months since I last visited so the perfect opportunity for a refresher and a good old catch up with my bestie who lives there.

There are 3 months to go until my trip and I'm already counting down the days.. not sure I'll be sugar free that week...
We're staying at a central Strip hotel that I've not stayed at before and because we're going on a quiet weekend we got an amazing deal meaning we could do direct flights, with cocktail money left over.

I've been lucky enough to go on several holidays this year, mostly blogged here and here but Vegas will most likely be the highlight (although Venice really was amazing...).  It's great to let your hair down, have a boogie, and a cheesecake slice or too.  I want recommendations for night clubs, so if you have any please let me know!


vegas-skyline
It won't be hot enough to lie by the pool, but should be a good temperature for heading up and down the Strip sight seeing.  The skyline changes each time I visit and I genuinely can't get enough!


I've even convinced two other friends to book trips this year, one is luckily going the same week as me so will be a double fun occasion. I'm super excited to show them around and make some new memories.  We've booked to see Celine Dion in concert at Caesar's Palace, which I can't wait for.  If it's anything like the Elton gig I saw last year, we'll have a great night.
celine-concert-in-vegas

Am debating a trip to the Grand Canyon and despite my return visits to LV I've still not been. Are there any other attractions you think I might have missed?I'm looking forward to a cocktail at the Parasol Up bar at the Wynn and a grilled cheese sandwich at the Grand Luxe in the Venetian.
I'm also keen to see a Cirque du Soleil show - any top tips? 'Love' has been my favourite so far.  It was literally breath-taking, I was totally amazed.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)