Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Sunny Sunday on the Southbank

“Happiness is a warm puppy.” 
― Charles M. Schulz


My family were in London for the weekend and enjoying the last of the sun, we decided to have brunch on the sunny Southbank to discuss theatre, diets and dogs over eggs and avocado.
Now, you already know that I'm a giant dog fan (not just a fan of giant dogs) and can't resist smiling at pooches as I walk past, however living in a flat in London and working more than 40 hours a week doesnt exactly lend itself to having my own right now. 

So the next best thing is hugging my sister's cockapoo, as often as possible.  Worn out from her first train journey, she snuggled up on my lap and slept while we ate and talked.
She's only 4 months old and is growing into the cutest teddy bear looking thing I've ever seen.   You can tell by my big smile below that I was having a lovely old time!





We got endless stares, comments and strokes as we strolled along the river and she lapped up the attention.  We made a tour of the food market behind the Royal Festival Hall stopping to ogle the giant cookies and salted caramel brownies, which I managed to resist.

giant-cookies

drink-me-champagne
We found these really cute mini bottles of champers while we talked to a stall owning dog lover, perfect for a Christmas gift (yes I said Christmas already!)
Forget boys and clothes, my two other loves aside from dogs are books and carousel horses, so you can imagine my delight posing for both of these photos
If your first love IS clothes then I'm wearing a Zara knit cardi, kept me nice and cosy when the sun went into hiding.


The Wonderground is a little haven from the hustle and bustle (even though it's busy). The fairy lights and music give it a really nice vibe
x

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)