Thursday, 29 October 2015

Processed Meat - should I eat it?

“A highbrow is the kind of person who looks at a sausage and thinks of Picasso.” 
― A.P. HerbertUncommon Law: Being 66 Misleading Cases

Having spent the last 3 months obsessing over grams of sugar, it turns out that perhaps I should have been paying more attention to the meat I'm eating.

Research today is saying that processed meat could be as dangerous to our health as arsenic.. a pretty scary headline considering the amount of sausages and bacon the UK consumes.  Thankfully I'm not a massive meat lover, however most of the meat that I do eat is processed, due to it being a bit less meaty for my tastebuds!  This news however has really put me off those slices of ham and burgers I like to chomp on....

The recommended amount remains at 70g of red or processed meat per day, but that only equates to one small sausage and according to today's news even that little could raise cancer risks.  Cancer Research UK released this info graphic today, which you might find useful?


Have a look at some of the articles online, like this one,  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34615621  and make your own mind up, but it seems to be pretty conclusive to me.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)