Sunday, 27 December 2015

Dinner at The Wolseley

“We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” 
― David MametBoston Marriage

I was taken for a lovely festive meal at The Wolseley last week. I put on my glad rags, combed my fringe and headed on out for some eats. The restaurant is fancy compared to what I'm used to, but not intimidating and the bread sticks are unmissable.

 We had a lovely booth table to the side, with a great view across the room.  I skipped the starter
in favour of a cosmo and nibbled on said breadsticks.  I wore a very old cardigan from Warehouse
with a new skirt from Zara which I love, except I had to undo the zip on the way home after all that
food.
 I chose the vegetarian schnitzel, which was mushroom, spinach, cheese with a side of parsnip
and carrots. I tried to convince myself it was the healthy choice although I'm sure the pastry/breadcrumb
wasn't exactly brimming with nutrition.  After devouring that, I plumped for a decadent treat of vanilla
cheesecake.  It was absolutely delicious, worth returning for in fact!


We had a lovely evening, it's a lovely occasion restaurant and feels very classic London if you have out-of-towners coming to visit. Definitely worth booking ahead as it's always very busy. They do a great afternoon tea as well.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)