Friday, 22 January 2016

A Life Update

Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want
Jim Rohn

Eat, Pray, Love is on TV.  I love this film, I've watched it countless times before, it's so inspiring and thought provoking.  Unfortunately this evening all it's inspired me to do is eat the Fudge bar that's been in my cupboard since Christmas, but let's not dwell on that. Last year it inspired me to learn Italian so perhaps it's losing it's power....

Today has been peaceful and chilled. I ran 5k. I baked a sugar free cake. I've painted my nails, the candles are flickering away, I'm still wearing my Christmas PJs, I am not dreading going to work tomorrow and I'm excited for a dinner date with my sis this week.  All of these things are good and it's lovely to feel positive, even on a Sunday night.  Of course I wish I was flying off tomorrow to Jamaica on holiday and of course I wish I'd won £33 mill on the Lotto last week, but here in the real world, things aren't so bad.  It makes a nice change.

I also paid the deposit for my next tattoo which I'm equal parts excited and terrified about.  My last tattoo a couple of years ago on my foot was so painful that I've procrastinated for ages about booking this one, but I think my New Year's get up and go is still with me and I've bitten the bullet and booked. Scary stuff.
Getting my tatt in Vegas
 However, if I had a gripe I'd say I feel like I need a few things to look forward to.  January can be a bit of a hard month - I'm not drinking until Feb which has it's own challenges. I'm not a heavy drinker by any means, but when I officially give it up I suddenly crave all the cocktails. But I will resist. It's certainly easier than giving up chocolate which I'm clearly failing at.
I have a mini break in Feb coming up, but I think a few girly nights out or some Sunday group lunches need booking in to keep me smiling through these freezing Winter weeks.
Cinema trip and catch up
Hanging with my bestie
What about you? 
What keeps your spirits up?



x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)