Tuesday, 19 January 2016

A wander round Brighton..

I know that Brighton is famously a mixture of the seedy and the elegant, but in the summer of 2001 seediness swamped elegance hands down.
Julie Burchill


I had a work event in Brighton last week and made my plans fit so I could have a little wander around the Lanes before I had to knuckle down.  It was freezing cold but nice and sunny so I wrapped up warm and had a stroll.


 I think the Lanes in Brighton are so charming and cute and because it was a week day afternoon it wasn't very busy so I had my pick of the shops.  I was half looking for a new silver ring, but nothing took my eye although a few diamond rings tried to catch my attention.
I had a drool at this fudge, I probably spent a whole 5 minutes standing at the window before dragging myself away.
Then I had a little look around my old fave Choccywoccydoodah, but I resisted the chunky popping candy chocolate, just.  I didn't have time for a meal but there were so many veggie and vegas resaturants to choose from.  I was very tempted to a Shakeaway, a Ben's cookie and a cupcake from http://www.angelfoodbakery.co.uk/ (such a sugar junkie) but I managed to stay focused and stuck to a tea.


Last stop was down to the beach.  The wind was whipping up plenty of surf so I stayed well clear, but it looked so lovely and made me feel all peaceful, which beats an afternoon in the office. 
I definitely think I could live in Brighton, if I didn't have to be in Central London every day.  I'll be back very soon for a dose of sea air, some seaside fish and chips and maybe a cream tea too!  Perhaps one day this will be my daily view.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)