Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Shopping - the LBD

 “Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.”
― Mignon McLaughlin


You know when you dash out on your lunch break to look for suitable workwear and then fall in love with a party dress you can't imagine living without? Yeh... that happened to me this week.  Working in Central London does make the lunch hour quite a challenge and November had me shopping up a storm.  However, with this weight loss comes the need for new clothes and so I went to Oasis, my normal work staple for a few new bits. Sadly nothing spoke to me at all, I'm not sure I'm feeling very inspired by the Spring fashions, but that's another story. 

Deflated and on my way back to the office, I popped into Warehouse and immediately fell in love with an embellished, T shirt, navy and black dress that I simply had to have.  Luckily for me this gorgeous £130 dress was reduced to ..... £24! Absolute bargain and simply too good not to buy!  Pretty sure I'll spend the rest of my life sewing the beads back on, but what's a little needlework if I get to wear this baby out and about?


I have 2 work events to go to in the next month, so I managed to justify it even though pay day feels a million miles away. I must admit my wardrobe is mainly full of party clothes and I hardly ever go out, so not sure I've got the balance quite right - but you never know when you'll need a snazzy outfit so it's best to be on the safe side, right??
 
Unfortunately I've also fallen for a shearling jacket from Reiss which I cannot justify, no matter how hard I try. It's the most gorgeous black, leather thing I've ever laid eyes on and despite having a £300 reduction in price, I can't quite bring myself to indulge that far.  It's still available online if you feel like being generous to yourself!
What's on your wish list this month?

x

1 comment:

  1. Definitely approve of the party dress, bargain!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)