Thursday, 7 January 2016

The Year of Healthy Eating

“A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement”
― Jess C. Scott 


I've been eating much better since the Summer, it's done wonders for my waistline, forced me to buy lots of new clothes and has spurred me on to exercise more.  So all in all I cant really complain. Broccoli is a life changer!  Pre Aug 2015 I rarely ate anything green, lived on pizza, cheese sandwiches and hot dogs, exercised without pushing myself and felt bad about myself every day.

I'm not professing to suddenly be a sugar free, health guru - I still have a super sweet tooth and groan almost every time I get changed into my gym kit.  But I have learned some tips, new habits and have acquired tastes for some new healthier foods which have all made me feel on the whole much better about myself.


I'm posting my first ever before and after pic here.. this is May 2015 (r) and Dec 2015 (l).  Feels a bit embarrassing, but it spurs me on when I'm feeling like I want to eat chocolate buttons! So if I put it out into the world then it should help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

So I've set myself a few health and fitness goals for 2016. I want to carry on my journey - it genuinely is tough every day and I have to concentrate every time I'm choosing what to eat.  It' so easy to get back into the ingrained habits of sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bars but I take a weekly pic to see where I'm at and track my calories and protein intake every day.  I couldn't have done it without My Fitness Pal, a reusable water bottle, my gym membership and lots of encouragement from my healthier friends. But I'm getting there, so let this be the year I start eating like a 'normal' person.

What I ate before             What I eat now
White bread                     Fage Greek yougurt
Pasta                               Broccoli and cauliflower
Cheese                            Veggie or chicken sausages
Veggie sausages             Eggs
Pancakes                         Feta, cottage cheese, tomatoes
Hot dogs                          Cod/haddock/sea bass
Tomato soup                    Beetroot, courgette, sweet potato
Sweet potato                    Spinach, avocado


Any tips for me? Comment below and let me know your 2016 goals

x

1 comment:

  1. You are totes amaze balls & now an inspiration to others, truly a new you & I'm most glad to hear the bit about feeling good xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)