Saturday, 20 February 2016

A Weekend in Malaga

“Nature and man are opposed in Spain.”
― Gertrude Stein,
Picasso 

My first trip of 2016, long awaited and far too short.
I've been to Malaga airport before, heading to Marbella, but never to the town itself.  I have family in a little town outside Malaga, loving their lives, so I popped over for a long weekend to investigate for myself.
Something about being away from London, my morning commute, early starts for that matter just puts me in the greatest mood, so when you pair that with breakfast being made for you, sea views and copious icecream - what's not to love?

 Riding a rented push bike along the sea front was an unexpected pleasure.. took me  a while to get going but then I was off, at least I tried to work off some of the foodie treats.



We took a trip to the mountain town of Mijas, it was pretty chilly and pretty gorgeous. We had lunch in a quiet little walled garden eating tapas, churros outside a cafe in the square and a nap in the car on the way home!  The views were gorgeous, but my vertigo kicked in and I felt a little bit sick looking down.

This deserted beach at the end of Rincon was a little find - I'm sure in high season it's heaving with Spanish tourists, but we had a nice wander in the peace and quiet.




We hiked up to the top of the Alcazaba, it was amazing, I'd totally recommend - for the photo opportunities if nothing else! After working up an appetite we sat in the sunshine eating cake until I thought I was going to burn, who knew 19 degrees could feel so warm.

All in all a brilliant little trip, Malaga's definitely worth a weekend visit and I'd like to go back to explore more.
Have you been? 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)