Monday, 28 March 2016

Brunch at The Pig and Pallet, Topsham

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland 


On Easter Sunday, hungry and damp we descended on The Pig and Pallet, a new-ish comer to Topsham in Devon.  A BBQ shack, literally made of pallets, down by the water serving burgers, eggs and even a Sunday roast seems like a good idea to me.  We nabbed a trestle table, ordered at the bar and warmed up by the log burner.  Dogs are welcome so we took our two with us, they were very excited by all the BBQ scents, but sadly (for them) they didn't get to eat much, we were too hungry.
 The rustic interior has some quirky things to have a gander at while you wait for your fry up.




 I loved this little nook (and check out the tap lights, very clever!)
 Caution: Deep Water ;)

The menu was a bit limited (perhaps cos it was Easter Sunday?) but there was something for everyone.  I went for the Full Devon - sausage, bacon, sweet potato croquette, BBQ beans, tomato, eggs and toast. I gave the black pudding away as it turns my stomach.  It was all very very yummy and a nice change from my yogurt and oats.
After stuffing my face I had a little cuddle with my favourite puppy before a very blustery wander on The Goat Walk to walk off some of those calories.


Give it a try if you're in the area.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)