Sunday, 13 March 2016

The National Wedding Show

“Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families.”
― Lisa Kleypas,
Blue-Eyed Devil

I was invited to surprise my bride to be friend at The National Wedding Show last month at Olympia. I have to admit I'm not really a girly - girl and the thought of a day of dress shopping and ooh-ing and ahh-ing didn't feel me with glee... but I didn't want to be a party pooper, so I joined the gang and made my way to Earl's Court.

 We started off brilliantly - with champers, from then on I was definitely in the mood!
There were regular fashion shows, all the dresses were rather sparkly and some were a bit sexy for my liking! Not quite suitable for a traditional wedding... As you can see the venue was packed on both floors with stalls, displays and demonstrations.  I managed to nab a few cake samples and a quick session in a photo booth (although we were woefully under prepared for the flash!).
 




I think the tiaras were my favourite bit, I tried on about 8... who says you can only wear a tiara on your wedding day?  I felt like a Disney princess :)
 
Have you been? Did you like it? It was a great day out for the girls (tickets were £15) and good to meet the other ladies who'll be at the wedding too. Looking forward to the hen do now.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)