Wednesday, 6 April 2016

The Ivy Market Grill for Brunch

“I had a missed call. It’s probably the all you can eat buffet calling to say, “Come back! We know you can eat just a little bit more.”
― Jarod Kintz,
At even one penny, this book would be overpriced. In fact, free is too expensive, because you'd still waste time by reading it.

Spring finally seems like it has sprung and to celebrate, my best friend and I decided to have brunch at the Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden. The little sister of The Ivy, the IMG is a more relaxed brasserie, serving everything from breakfast to late night eats in a lovely NYC style room. They even have a gorgeous outside courtyard, almost in Covent Garden's piazza which is great for a bit of people watching over fish and chips or a bottle of rose.  I've eaten there once before, with a colleague, but this would be a more relaxed affair over some leisurely eggs.

Luckily we arrived 5 mins earlier than our booking and once seated, managed to get our order in quick enough to be classed as 'Breakfast' which meant I went for the Vegetarian Grill Up rather than having to opt for a more 'lunch-y' meal.  As I'm following a more healthy eating plan these days, I tend to only 'treat' myself on weekends, however my choice wasn't too bad really although the toast was perhaps not quite necessary....


Our waiter brought us water and coffee, swiftly followed by plates of delicious food.  Poached eggs, halloumi, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, beans and watercress.  I have to admit the mushrooms were not to my taste and would you believe I'd never tasted hollandaise sauce before!? Not sure how I felt about it, but I ate it all up nevertheless.


I then decided to treat myself to a skinny hot chocolate - well, it was Saturday and was delighted that it came with a mini jug of extra portion which just about made my day!

 Following a full gossip session we paid the bill and headed back into the sunshine.  I couldn't afford to eat there every week, but a lovely little Spring treat and certainly didn't break the bank - perhaps the perfect place to take your Mum!

x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)