Monday, 23 May 2016

Brunch at Riding House Cafe

“It's unsettling to meet people who don't eat apples.”
― Aimee Bender, The Color Master: Stories 


This Sunday was a scheduled treat day... I say that as though the rest of the week was super healthy which would be untrue. I did really well until Friday evening when I had cocktails and fish and chips followed by ice cream and biscuits on Saturday... but at least I went to the gym.
I had arranged a well over due catch up with a couple of friends and we thought it would be fun to try Riding House Cafe. It's on Great Titchfield Street (behind Oxford Circus so perfect for a mid shop stop off) and luckily we'd booked ahead as it was packed. 
We were seated at a really lovely corner table with lots of space and we set about scanning the menu.. I went for the racer smoothie - chocolate, banana and soy milk (I'm a sucker for chocolate milkshake) followed by pancakes with berries, cream and maple syrup - sounds healthy right?!

Our food came before the drinks which was weird, but as they were so busy we let them off. The decor is great and the food was really lovely. There's only 2 ladies toilets so I found myself queuing which was frustrating, but the venue was full of 'ladies who brunch' so I guess it was inevitable.
It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area and I might check out the Sunday roast next time

x

4 comments:

  1. A coincidence. I had it booked for Saturday but had to change my plans and reschedule it. Can't wait to go. Http://Jenikya.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so nice, hope you get there soon!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. oh it was, off to london grind tomorrow for more

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)