Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Birthday Brunch

“If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast.”
― Laini Taylor,
Daughter of Smoke & Bone

My friend and I are on a mission to find the best brunch, or maybe it's just to eat as much brunch as possible.... Either way, this week's location was Berners Tavern, a swanky, upmarket restaurant attached to the London Edition Hotel. 

We made a 12 noon reservation (they serve brunch til 4pm - winning) and hoped for air con.
 We were seated at the back of the restaurant, a perfect place to people watch; a mixture of tourists, London ladies and hotel guests while we perused the menu and tried to decide whether we could class nutella pancakes as nutritious....Sadly the answer was no, so I decided to go for Moroccan eggs.
Sunday roast is also availble from 11.30 - imagine eating beef wellington that early haha.
Our food came so quickly I almost thought it was for a different table. The service really was great actually, I suppose that's what you get for the extra bucks!

The eggs were delicious and came with a healthy portion of sourdough too, to mop up those tomatoes. My friend ordered brioche french toast with maple and berries - I had serious food envy - is breakfast dessert allowed? I wondered... thinking about those pancakes....
Then, much to my surprise our lovely waiter arrived with a mini birthday cake for the birthday girl. I'd forgotten completely that when I made the booking I had referenced our joint birthday celebration.  When we told them it was both of us, they arrived with a second cake and glasses of champagne for us to celebrate with. What a lovely touch.


It was such a lovely gesture, we were quite touched! And here I am, writing them a glowing review so it was totally worth them making us feel special as I encourage you all to go there for your next celebration. I'm sure they'll look after you just as well.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)