Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Afternoon tea at The Covent Garden Hotel

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis


For a recent celebration I went for Afternoon Tea at The Covent Garden Hotel.  I was looking for somewhere classy but not too formal, not ridiculously expensive and also offering a lunch menu for a fussy pal.  We looked at various options but Firmdale Hotels were the winner- and they even offer a gluten free or sugar free option which is amazing (I went full of sugar on this occasion but good to know the choice is there).

We had a nice table near the bar and were offered unlimited sandwiches which will always win me over!
There's something so appealing about a whole tower of food isn't there, the bread was fresh, the scones were light, fluffy and delicious and although there's never enough chocolate on the sweet plate for my liking there was a great selection of dessert options.  My favourite was the white chocolate pannacota.

white-chocolate-pannacota

cake
We assumed these flowers were edible but they didn't taste very good! More fool us for giving it a go.

If this has got you salivating then rest assured it's only £27pp + service charge

Let me know if you go..Book ahead.

x

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really delicious! And this place is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)