Friday, 25 November 2016

Skate at Somerset House

“The problem with winter sports is that -- follow me closely here -- they generally take place in winter.”
― Dave Barry


On Sunday I took my annual trip to Somerset House to skate. I didn't realise the earlier you book the cheaper it is, but a happy coincidence.  I've already got my next trip booked for a in a couple of weeks,  got to get that practice in.

 Ignore the super glam 'wet' sign (haha)
video
Everyone had a bobble hat on, I felt very at home, but not brave enough to try any tricks!  It's such a fun festive thing to do, I've been going for years and hope to go for many more.
Afterwards we refuelled with nutella brownies in Tom's Deli (on Somerset House grounds). It was so cosy and warm and we could watch the next batch of skaters gliding/falling. 
Follwed by a massive roast at my old favourite haunt, Sophie's.

Totally scrummy, although not sure I needed the dessert - ah well.. sure the skating burned off those calories!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)