Thursday, 9 February 2017

Cahoots bar - London

“Here's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald,
The Beautiful and Damned


I finally managed to get a reservation at Cahoots! Will wonders never cease.  This quirky cool, retro vintage bar is 2 mins from my office and yet is always so busy that I drink elsewhere. Perhaps due to the Dry January trend I managed to snaffle a table for Thurs eve drinks and took along my fave gal for a cocktail or two.
I turned up starving and was kept waiting by the friendly doorman for the 'Captain' to be alerted to my presence. Even the entrance hall is completely decked out as a tube station - every little detail is thought of.



The menu is a newspaper and the table service waitresses wear vintage dresses and victory rolls. There's a lot of 'Tally Ho' and 'chaps' overheard which perhaps makes it more of a novelty than your new regular haunt, but with cocktails at £10+ that's ok!

I went for the Keep Marm and Carry On and could not have been happier that it came with a digestive biscuit.  We also plumped for some olives and vegetable crisps served in suitably vintage camping tins.

I had such a lovely time and after a couple of drinks found the exit stairs quite a challenge, I suppose this too is reminiscent of the tube (ever had to walk up in Covent Garden?!)

It's definitely worth pre booking for a special occasion or pre theatre visit, I love London!
They also do afternoon tea - perfect for a birthday or hen do treat.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)